Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7 - Preparing for Mission

As the In The Carpenters Footsteps mission team prepares for their trip to Costa Rica, we are reminded of why we are going and what we want to leave with the people of Fray Casiano. Here is our prayer and theme for our trip.

THE WARRIOR'S PRAYER

Heavenly Father, Your warrior prepares for battle.  Today I claim victory over satan by putting on The Whole Armor of  God!

I put on the girdle of truth!  May I stand firm in the truth of Your Word so I will not be a victim of satan's lies.

I put on the breastplate of righteousness!  May it guard my heart from evil, so I will remain pure and holy, protected under the blood of Jesus Christ.

I put on the shoes of peace!  May I stand firm in the Good News of the Gospel so Your peace will shine through me and be a light to all I encounter.

I take the shield of faith!  May I be ready for satan's fiery darts of doubt, denial, and deceit so I will not be vulnerable to spiritual defeat.

I put on the helmet of salvation!  May I keep my mind focused on Your so satan will not have a stronghold on my thoughts.

I take the sword of the Spirit!  May the two-edged sword of Your word be ready in my hands so I can expose the tempting words of satan.

By faith Your warrior has put on The Whole Armor of God!

I am prepared to live this day in spiritual victory!

Amen

No comments: