Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday July 19th - Worship


The Church Office and Sunday School Rooms - it has a new roof!

Hola familia:
Well, our first full day in this beautiful country, filled with beautiful and very warm people, began with morning worship at our community church in Fray Casiano. My family was in the first shuttle that left the hotel. When we arrived, it was apparent that the roof had been installed on the church annex so that was one task we would not need to complete. The windows and doors still need to be installed and Pastor Carlos would like the floors tiled so there is plenty of work to do.


Our new friends from Fray Casiano

Soon people started arriving and there were so many hugs and kisses! Even people I did not recognize greeted me with much love. I could see the excitement in Brianna’s and Eryn’s eyes as their little “buddies” arrived.

Not long after Ricardo shuttled the second half of our group to the church, morning worship began. Miss Sonia and Efren translated much of the worship for us. Unfortunately, with less than ideal acoustics and a location near a very welcome fan, along with the fact that my hearing is not as sharp as it used to be, I missed much of the service. but it didn’t matter. You could easily feel the spirit moving amongst us. Again, I was blessed to have worship with my fellow Americans, and children of God. I very much look forward to rolling up my sleeves in the morning and sweating a little. Solo Deo gloria!

merlin

No comments: