Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Wednesday July 22 - Shield of Faith

Today started off with a 20 min. bus ride to a nursery where we got 12 patic plants to put in front of the church. It looks much better but we got ate up by ants in the process. Sarah literally had ants in her pants. After planting, we came inside and got mobbed by kids in yellow hats wanting our autograph. We decided to adopt two kids. I want to adopt a 7 year old boy named Mauricio and Sarah wants to adopt a 9 year old girl named Lilibeth. –Emily

Today Efren did a presentation about the importance of sexual transmitted diseases. I took my child Lilibeth, sat her on my lap, and let her watch the presentation. Even though she is 9 years old, I figured it’s never too early for these girls to learn about sexual transmitted diseases. After he was done eith the presentation, he gave the women all my purses that I had when I was little. They were filled with hygiene products to give to the women. I suddenly got really emotional when I saw all of my purses being to good use. The youth was in charge of the reflection tonight and we decided to discuss Proverbs 22:6. I think we did a pretty good job discussing the bible verse and how it relates to what we are teaching the kids and how we are affecting their lives. -Sarah

No comments: