Friday, July 25, 2008

Thursday, Julio 24, Christus vive!

Hola mi amigos y amigas!

Inside the church, the sewing center was abuzz with ladies working on various items. Not much more I can say about that 'cause, to be honest with you, I don't sew.

Every time I went inside the church, the kids were all busy with crafts. Carol told me the kids really, really, enjoy the crafts, and she said some of the adults were in on the action. Ellen had them making stepping stones.

Our own lovely "Bug" (Victoria Woods, VW) has gained so much experience she'll need as a mother! Every time I saw her, she was holding a baby or had a couple of kids attached to her. Actually, all the folks working inside the church have had kids hanging on to them. The kids don't hang out with the mason crew because we're a rough crew. Actually, it's because we are pretty nasty at the end of our work.

Speaking of the building, we finally made, what I would consider, good progress. We poured the ceiling beam along one side, bucket by bucket. The lintel on the opposite side is ready to pour. It was a long process because you could not put more than 2 scoops of raisens, I mean cement, in a bucket beccause it had to be lifted up to the top of the escaffoldo. We also leveled out the floor with gravel so today will be a non-stop mud day.

Keep us and our friends in your prayers.

No comments: